Wednesday, July 14, 2010

In the Pursuit of Magginess


It was one of those boring evenings when i had no mood to cook the dinner. I looked in the cupboard and there was nothing which i could make in 2 minutes. The key words "food and 2 minutes" were getting googled inside my brain Bang !!!!!! something hit my brain...... MAGGI.....
yes i had a 4 pack maggi aata noodles which we brought from India. The next thing i knew was we were eating maggi hmmmm wow, just the word itself is mouth watering.....i relished every moment of it...i did not even waste a tiny bit of it....but had a mixed feeling while eating it, i was sad that it was getting over and we were just left with 2 more packs. So i decided to hide it from my sight (i am yet to do that :))
Any one whose has stayed away from home can feel what MAGGI means to them. It is just next to mother's cooking (in my case next to hubby's cooking as well). My friends from college (if not the entire college, but atleast ex-residents of kasturba gandhi hostel THE famous H7)would definitely second me on this view. We have lived on maggi for four years. Those times the most commonly borrowed thing in the hostel was.....hehe dont be so fast in deciding......it was not lecture notes or books or novels....it was maggi.....
Great great grand daughters of Harishchandra were forced to lie for the sake of giving maggi to someone else. We were more than happy to give away our SBI savings rather that giving away a pack of maggi. Maggi is the only weapon to combat the mid night hunger stokes that is developed after eating leela ben's so food (sorry leela ben and co !!!!!) Mid night maggi sessions were so much fun those days. One good cook, i.e. the bakra is makes maggi for the rest of the buggers.
Living away from india for the past two years has made me think why Nestlé sells everything except maggi noodles in super markets. In Grenoble, even the indian shops does not sell maggi. Well, I am feeling hungry now.....let me stop writing here..... i just hope i am able to do some maggi jugaad before the last 2 packs get over.

3 comments:

  1. Hey drobs :)
    I have 6 packets of Maggi stacked in my kitchen cupboard. :-)
    Luckily we get it here in Brussels.
    So now I know what gift I should get you when I come to meet you ;-)
    Good pava.. nicely written :)
    Bravo !!
    I remember balle. how she prided herself in cooking the best maggi and I used to praise her (not so harishchandra's fan :-P) so that I could let her cook while I get to eat and clean :).. Miss u balle :-D.. ofcourse this is not hidden from u :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. lucky u gammu............
    balle used to be like mein maggi banane wali hun any one for it any one for it......and her maggi is with the mess ka saman pyaaz, tamatar, masala etc.......the best part after group maggi sessions were about washing the vessel.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. u better get me maggi packets :) :)

    ReplyDelete